This Lent I have decided to do a series on the “Final Words” that Jesus spoke from the cross. This is based on a book written by Rev. Adam Hamilton, Pastor of the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kansas. Beginning March 9th I will examine some of the final words Jesus spoke:
- March 9th “Father, Forgive Them…” Luke 23:33-34a
- March 16th “Today You will Be With Me In Paradise” Luke 23:32, 39-43
- March 23rd “Behold Your Son….Behold Your Mother” John 19:25-27
- March 30th “My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?” Mark 15:33-36a
- April 6th “I Thirst” John 19:28-29
- April 13th Palm Sunday—“It is Finished … Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit” Luke 23:45-47
- April; 20th Easter Sunday—choir cantata “He Is Risen!”
I would encourage you to read the assigned scripture for the particular week and would covet your prayers as God continues to speak to us during this special time of the year.
Wishing each of you God’s presence during our Lenten journey.
Thankful for the opportunity to serve with you ………………………….. Pastor Marty