This past year has truly been filled with many challenges as well as opportunities and Yes, positive things have come from this. Just over a year ago, we were dealing with a seriously leaking roof, no permanent minister on site, one or two children in Sunday School and a flat budget. It was a time of transition after our beloved Pastor Marty Phillips had ended his service here, but the church family remained united and faithful.
I am pleased to share with you some of the POSITIVE accomplishments that have occurred during 2015 in Park View Christian Church. This list is abbreviated, as there have been many more blessings.
- NO leaks in our roof – new roof installed and paid for.
- Our youth Sunday School class has between 6-12 children each Sunday. One day we had 15 kids!
- More emphasis on Mission and Outreach as evidenced by our giving to special projects in Columbia and other areas.
- We continue to serve monthly at OASIS, feeding over 800/year.
- We served dinner at Sanctuary of Hope for first time.
- Some worked with Paint Your Heart Out in Portsmouth
- Huge Diaper Drive for the needy, gathering over 1,000 diapers.
- Pastor Tim- led us in STOP HUNGER NOW Thanksgiving project for the Churchland area. Great success.
More spiritual growth has been evident and available all year.
- Special monthly Prayer Services led by the Elders last Fall.
- Wednesday Night’s Bible Study for the past 12 weeks. 8-19 attend.
- Prayer emphasis is ongoing.
- Worship services filled with God’s Word and inspiration.
- We have had 14 new members in 2015!
More amazing blessings in serving God through financial giving occurred.
- We had an amazing Consecration Sunday in October that reflected an increase of 29%.
- Our Special Offerings through Disciples of Christ have increased by 30%.
The most important positive event of 2015, was the Calling of our new permanent minister- Pastor Tim Campbell. He has worked diligently to bring renewal and spiritual growth to Park View Christian Church. More emphasis is on the Great Commission-
Go and Make Disciples in all nations. Go and Tell the Good News of Jesus Christ!
GO and DO! Yes, the challenges are here to keep up this pace, but we can do it.
God has His hand in all of this and we are being blessed as a church and individually.
So I take time to thank each of you for every single thing you have done and are doing in the name of our God and this your church. Praise God!